Friday 12 March 2010

Kinky Shorts?


Monday was a free day. I had my mind set on spending it by the pool. Tommy had a slightly different agenda, and after a little persuasion I was to accompany him to Itaipu; a massive dam and one of the wonders of the industrial world. (yawn)

A 1hour journey and we arrived at the border between Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil and asked for our tickets. Without hesitation, our request was declined as the tour operator disapprovingly pointed down at my shorts saying ‘no entry, your clothes are too small’. Don’t get me wrong, I had shorts on, but these were American Apparel- non-sexy shorts, not some cheek clenching numbers. Nothing I did could persuade him to let us in so we were demoted from the special tour of the dam’s operations to the bus ride, panoramic tour. You’d think that would suffice but in reality we were shoved onto a bus full of tourists, did a 30min circle of the dam (with 2 stops of 5mins allowed for photo taking...the best of which above) and returned to base. On completion of the tour, Tommy and I reflected on a bit of a crap day out, Tommy sharing the wise words ‘sometimes on our trip, we need to do things we don’t want to do’. Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment